I spent the weekend visiting family in Denver. My plane landed in Detroit just before midnight, and after getting turned around in the dark while exiting the Green lot, finding myself in Taylor (hint: not the right direction), almost running out of gas, and wrangling some windows that refused to de-fog, I finally pulled into the driveway around 1 a.m. While I crashed around trying to quietly sneak into bed, Daisy didn’t make a sound. Then as soon as I pulled the blanket up to my chin….she started flipping out. So 5:30 came PRETTY early today…
…and I went for “mindlessly comfortable”:
- Oversized navy and gray striped v-neck sweater, Old Navy, fall 2010. I feel like I should be embarrassed to wear this in public, or at least keep it to the weekends, but I’m not and I don’t.
- Two Danish coins on a silver chain, Fall 2004. My dad made this for me after our last big family vacation, and gave it to me when he and my mom visited me the semester I lived in Italy.
- White tank top, Old Navy, summer 2013
- Ralph Lauren jeans, purchased at Goodwill, fall 2012. You will all be relieved to know that I bought a new pair of Goodwill jeans over the weekend, so I can stop wearing these every freaking day.
- Blue striped knee socks, Meijer, fall 2013. Stripes on stripes. One less thing to think about!
- Dorky blue Clarks, DSW, fall 2012. They’re comfy, easy on-easy off after three days in a row of Doc Martens (which, I tell you, deserve their own post!), and they blend with the color scheme!
In natural light, this polish is a dark, bold, flat, harsh orange. I mean, I guess it’s perfectly appropriate for the pumpkin patch, but it’s more costume party than classy. But somehow, under harsh fluorescent lighting, it transforms into a shimmery, rich coral.
The only conclusion I can draw is that this polish was made to be worn in school.
The better to drag my glamorous nails across the chalk board (the white board?), my dear.